Date recorded: June 30 2020
Duration: 01 hours 02 minutes 07 seconds
We’ve asked our viewers to share their top challenges during elemental analysis. We’ve noticed common trends like matrix effects, accuracy in light elemental analysis, mineralogical effects, calibration and having to procure expensive calibration standards. Accurate and precise elemental analysis is dependent on the quality of calibration standards used. And yes, finding high quality standards for a given analytical range can be challenging and also expensive. In this webinar, our application specialists provide knowledge on how fused bead analysis provides better precision and accurate elemental analysis for both light and heavy elements. They will also introduce Malvern Panalytical’s in-house synthetic standards, known as WROXI (wide range of oxide materials).
This addresses major issues faced with pressed powder analysis. Learn about how you can accurately analyse a very wide concentration range in a single calibration, when used in combination with the Fundamental Parameters (FP) matrix correction model.
Interested to learn more?
Join our free series of minerals, metals and other industrial analysis & applications based webinars:
- Webinar 1: Staying resilient amidst Covid-19 in the mining and minerals sector. More info
- Webinar 2: In the forefront of mining: from bauxite to alumina to aluminum. More info
- Webinar 3: Cement: Driving the profitability of your plant and performance of your blended cement. More info
- Webinar 4: Controlling the exposure to respirable silica at your workplace (EHS). More info
- Webinar 5: Live demo at your desk - latest high performing XRD Benchtop for minerals analysis More info
- Webinar 6: Precision mining: how knowing the exact mineralogy of your ores could save your company millions. More info
- Webinar 7: Precision elemental analysis with synthetic calibration standards for a wide range of oxide materials (WROXI)
- Webinar 8: Virtual intro to new Perth application laboratory and how our specialists can support you. More info
- Webinar 9: Live demo at your desk: powerful alternative to handheld XRF or ICPMS. More info
- Webinar 10: Virtual conference: 22nd Ores and Minerals Analysis - latest industry perspective and trends. More info