AMASS’s key features
AMASS Basic features all functions except for the simulation and automatic fitting.
- New intuitive graphical user interface.
- Project-oriented document format for storing, retrieving and managing all information of a work session including open scans, simulated data, all parameters set and used material parameters.
- Graphics for single scans, area maps and wafer maps.
- Possibility of merging 1-axis and 2-axes data sets.
- Projection and extraction from 2-axes scans to generate 1-axis scans for further analysis.
- Automatic peak search in 1-axis (such as rocking curves) and 2-axes data (such as reciprocal space maps).
- Automatic peak labelling of substrate, multiple layers and fringes.
- Automatic horizontal and vertical line extractions at labelled peak positions of 2-axes data.
- Materials of any space group are supported.
- Sample structures include gradients, superlattices and linked parameters.
- Software extracts strain and relaxation, mismatch and composition, substrate miscut orientation and curvature, layer mosaic spread and lateral correlation length, thickness and superlattice period from labelled peak positions.
- Thickness determination from specular reflectivity data by means of Fourier and direct method.
- A wafer map can be created by the analysis of any set of scan types. This includes the direct analysis of peak parameters and from peak positions as well as automatic fitting (if the option is available).
- AMASS supports data in the XRDML format, simple ASCII format (*.asc) as well as the old Philips formats (*.dnn, *.xnn, *.ann and *ynn).
- Customizable result reporting. PDF, RTF, XML and HTML reports supported.
- All analysis can be fully automated using a command line interface. When controlled by APP (automatic processing program) automation of the whole process from measurement to result reporting is possible.
- Component Object Model (COM) interface for operating AMASS features from applications like PhytonTM or Matlab®.
- Choice of two fitting algorithms: enabling users to tailor the software for unique fitting requirements. (only for the options)
- Confidence analysis for each parameter of a given sample model. The result of this analysis is a measure of the reliability range of the refined parameter. (only for the options).
- HR option:
- Fits simulated rocking curves to measured data
- Layers may be partially relaxed with respect to the layer below.
- Non-polar a- and m-plane surface orientations of wurtzite structures are fully supported.
- XRR option:
- Fits simulated reflectivity curves to measured data.
- Materials in the model can include those with lattice parameter or density gradients with five choices for the gradient type.
- Three choices for the interface roughness model are available for off-specular analysis: fractal, staircase and castellation.
- Off-specular (diffuse) scattering data (omega, 2theta and offset omega/2theta scans) can be displayed and simulated. The software simulates coplanar Qx, Qz as well as non-coplanar Qx, Qy reciprocal space maps.
The extensive materials database contains all needed materials data for use in rocking curve analysis, wafer mapping, simulation and fitting: unit cell parameters, Poisson’s ratios and single crystal stiffness coefficients for some selected oxides and all the common cubic compound semiconductor materials plus hexagonal GaN, AlN and InN. In addition, it contains the elemental atomic numbers and masses, as well as their mass absorption and anomalous dispersion coefficients for different fixed X-ray wavelengths. The database is extendable through the addition of new structures of any space group and materials and values for other wavelengths. Crystal structure information and materials can be imported from Crystallographic Information Files (CIF).
The Application Guide is intended to help you to use AMASS quickly and efficiently. Each of the 12 topics provides worked examples. These examples have been chosen to demonstrate the most important functionality of AMASS.
Download the Application Guide
Get the latest version of the AMASS software here:
Recommended system configuration:
Designed for and running on Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and Windows 10 (64-bit) Current Branch for Business operating systems.
A PC configuration matching the (minimum) hardware requirements for the desired Windows operation system will be sufficient.