Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC)
MicroCal ITC range
The "Gold Standard" for measuring binding affinity and stoichiometry
Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) is used to study the binding behavior of biomolecules. It is an essential tool for drug design and the study and regulation of protein interactions.
ITC directly measures the heat released or absorbed during a biomolecular binding event. This allows accurate determination of binding constants (KD), reaction stoichiometry (n), enthalpy (∆H), and entropy (ΔS).
ITC is used for:
- Quantify binding affinity.
- Candidate selection and optimization.
- Measurement of thermodynamics and active concentration.
- Characterization of mechanism of action.
- Confirmation of intended binding targets in small molecule drug discovery.
- Determination of binding specificity and stoichiometry.
- Validation of IC50 and EC50 values during hit-to-lead.
- Measurement of enzyme kinetics.
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
MicroCal DSC range
The "Gold Standard" for structural stability analysis of biotherapeutics, b...
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is a technique for understanding the stability of proteins and other biomolecules. It has wide application in protein engineering, rational drug design and biopharmaceutical production, where developing stable proteins is a critical goal.
DSC is a key thermal analysis technique that measures heat changes that occur in the biomolecule during a controlled increase or decrease in temperature, making it possible to study materials in their native state.
- Characterization and selection of the most stable proteins/potential candidates in biotherapeutic development.
- Ligand interaction studies.
- Rapid optimization of purification and manufacturing conditions.
- Easy, rapid determination of optimum conditions for liquid formulations.
- Quick stability-indicating assay for target proteins for use in screening.
We offer the MicroCal PEAQ-ITC and MicroCal PEAQ-DSC microcalorimeters that have been manufactured since the 1970s. The Microcal range is the leading provider for life sciences and drug discovery & development.
Find out more about the Microcal product range below.