‘Copper-base’ (Cu-base) is a term used to describe a range of alloys where Cu is the principal component. In order to make the materials suitable for different applications (e.g. the manufacture of coinage, bells, a wide range of mechanical equipment and electrical wiring), Cu is normally alloyed with elements such as Sn, Zn, Ni, Al, and Pb. During the production process fast chemical analysis is needed to minimize errors in production and to maximize production yield. The Cu-base-FP package (including applicable calibration standards) covers the analysis of this wide range of Cu alloys by using the Fundamental Parameter (FP) model.
Features and benefits
High sample throughput
With fast sample handling and outstanding operational reliability, the Axios FAST simultaneous XRF analyzer is the first choice for high-speed analytical control.
- Continuous loading via turret mechanism
- 168 position VRC sample changer, with flexible tray loading for unattended batch analysis
- Direct loading
- Sample barcode reader for fast, error-free sample loading and data entry
- Simultaneous measurement of up to 28 elements, with a minimum of 2 second measurement per sample
- High sensitivity HiPer channels for light-element analysis
- Analytical flexibility with the option of up to 4 goniometers
- Range of X-ray anode materials (Rh, Cr, Mo, Au) enables highest performance for specific application
Enhanced instrument uptime
Designed for process critical analysis, Axios FAST is manufactured to the highest quality standards, incorporating innovative technology to prevent and minimize downtime.
- SST-mAX with ZETA technology - eliminating tube drift and reducing calibration maintenance
- CHI-BLUE X-ray tube window coating for increased X-ray tube durability and corrosion resistance
- Dust removal device removes dust from samples prior to measurement, minimizing dust entry to the system, maximizing uptime
- Compact measurement chamber with externally mounted channels – allows unrestricted access to critical components without compromising the vacuum system -allowing rapid post-maintenance stabilization
Proven and dedicated software for limited user intervention
Axios FAST operates using the latest version of Malvern Panalytical’s proven SuperQ XRF software, renowned for its highly intuitive interface and menu. Even inexperienced personnel can carry out routine analyses with a minimum of instruction, yet the software still contains the analytical power and capabilities needed to meet the most experienced users’ requirements.
Made for automation
Axios FAST’s dedicated software and hardware interfaces allow flexible connection to sample transport devices and host computers, for fully automated analysis. Axios FAST is also the basis of the TEAMworks (total element analyzing module) solution that combines OES and WDXRF.
For analysis where seconds matter
Axios FAST expresses its analytical power by performing in high throughput environments like service labs, with the analysis of mining samples (e.g. Fe-ore, Ni-ore) but also in a wide range of production and quality control applications involved in the iron and steel industry, where immediate metals analysis is needed. Typical applications are: wide range calibration for low alloy, ferritic and austenitic steels, wide range calibration of Al alloys, wide range calibration of titanium alloys, analysis of low alloy steels, analysis of stainless steels, analysis of tool steels, analysis of cast iron and analysis of iron ore samples prepared as fused beads.
Standards (reference materials)
Claisse provides its customers with quality Certified Reference Materials (CRM) and Reference Materials (RM) from around the world at competitive prices. Whatever your needs, Claisse strives to provide you with the all around services needed to obtain the perfect solution for your XRF, AA and ICP spectroscopy analysis.
Customized Fused Borate Disks for the calibration and monitoring of XRF applications.
Claisse has a new turn-key solution for your XRF applications. Our fused borate disks are made with Certified Reference Materials (CRM) or customized mixtures of synthetic oxides. They are custom-made to fulfill your personal analytical needs.
The NiFeCo module and setup samples are ideal for calibrating your AxiosFAST instrument for the analysis of high temperature steels and super alloys.
Fluxes and Chemicals
As the one-stop shop in fusion and the world leader in the production of borate fluxes, Claisse develops high-quality chemicals that are easy to use and that ensure no contamination.
Offered in two grades of purity (pure 99.98+% and ultra pure 99.995+%) and available with or without non-wetting agents, our lithium borate fluxes are homogeneous and available in bead format.
Use Claisse lithium borate fluxes to:
- Avoid crystallization
- Reduce the incidence of glass sticking to the platinumware
- Avoid cracking
Make your life easier, try our pre-weighed or customized borate fluxes
XRF laboratories must assure the quality of their analytical results and ensure accurate and precise data by using quality control sample regularly.
Obtaining the wrong analytical results can affect manufacturing and commercial decisions which can be very costly. Moreover, the Fusion-XRF process remains offline until the source of the variability is thoroughly identified and eliminated. When the analytical results are found to be outside the predefined criteria, planned actions must be taken. Since the analytical results can be affected by a large number of factors, troubleshooting steps may oftentimes become expensive and time consuming.
Platinum and Labware
Labware is of critical importance in sample preparation by fusion. Malvern Panalytical offers molds and crucibles made of 95% platinum are 5% gold. They are available in a wide range of sizes and thicknesses to help you obtain the best analytical results.
We also offer nickel and zirconium crucibles for peroxide fusion.
Malvern Panalytical fusion instruments were developed to be used with specifically designed platinumware. All our platinum accessories have been tested and engineered to provide:
- The best mixing performance.
- Longer lifetime.
- Higher success rates in preparation of glass disks.
- Perfect compatibility with our fusion instruments.
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure the optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/interlaboratory studies
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software