The world’s most advanced multi-detector GPC/SEC system
Malvern Panalytical's OMNISEC is a Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) / Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) system for the measurement of absolute molecular weight, molecular size, intrinsic viscosity, branching and other parameters. It includes OMNISEC RESOLVE, the integrated GPC/SEC module, OMNISEC REVEAL, the integrated multi-detector module and OMNISEC software for the characterization of synthetic and natural polymers, and proteins.
Features and benefits
OMNISEC is a powerful tool for taking control of the performance, quality and value of your product, whether that’s a synthetic polymer in industry, a natural polymer or polysaccharide used in food or pharmaceutical products, or a protein or antibody used in biopharmaceuticals.
As a research tool, it accelerates research into these molecules by providing absolute information for a wide range of applications making it an ideal tool for universities. It reduces service expense and downtime and increases productivity with easy-to-use intuitive software.
Market leading high sensitive light scattering
- Measure low molecular weight samples with greater accuracy (down to 200 g/mol)
- Measure lower sample concentrations (newly synthesized polymers and proteins)
- Measure low dn/dc samples with greater accuracy and sensitivity
High sensitivity Refractive index
- Greater accuracy and less subjectivity at lower concentrations
- Measure lower concentraions of highly viscous materials to prevent column overload
Integrated robust differential viscometer
- Measure Iv of samples to determine structure and branching
- Robust to all GPC solvents and a wide pH range broadening available applications
Mechanical viscometer bridge autobalance
- Improved viscometer data quality and accuracy
Fully integrated detector module
- Better temperature control and reduced interdetecor volume = better chromatography
- Improved separation quality and resolution
All detectors in series
- no detectors in a parallel flow path meaning higher sensitivity and better quality results
Work flow orientated software
- Makes GPC/SEC measurements and analysis easy and intuitive
OMNISEC can offer key information to a broad range of applications including:
Bioscience and Biopharmaceuticals
Quantify key metrics in stability profiling and biosimilarity. Accurately measure monomer, fragments and higher order aggregates independent of column retention volume for protein, viruses, VLP’s and more. Predict and understand immunogenicity and efficacy.
Polymers, Plastics and Elastomers
Control strength, toughness, durability, brittleness, processability and more to optimize the product quality for the desired application. Control product quality by understanding the effects of changing raw material supply, synthesis or manufacturing processes.
Understand the impact of processing and reprocessing on key material properties using conventional and advanced technologies, such as additive manufacturing.
Gain a deeper insight into degradation products, additives or impurities present due to polymer recycling processes.
Directly calculate critical to quality attributes for AAV samples. Percentage of full AAV, cp/vg, and viral titer are all easily accessible to enhance the process development and purification of new drug products.
Protein conjugation analysis allows accurate quantification of protein-polymer ratio, glycoprotein, and drug antibody ratios (DAR). Optimize the bioconjugation process to extend half-life, and cell permeability. Measure protein detergent ratios of isolated membrane proteins to improve the crystallization process.
Paints and Inks
The effectiveness of printed polymers is linked to their macromolecular properties such as molecular weight and structural distributions. Understand the link between printing and the degradation of polymers is critical to ensure the efficacy of the printed pattern is not negatively impacted.
Polymeric excipient properties relate directly to clinical efficacy, safety, and quality of the product. Control the viscosity and molecular weight to ensure optimal performance or confirm the quality of sourced materials before they enter your production process.
Measure degradation and drug delivery rates. Drug release rates from medicines are directly linked to the structure of the polymeric material used to deliver them. Controlling these structures ensures the final payload is delivered to the correct location.
Food and Drinks
Control the mouthfeel and performance of food products by manipulating the molecular properties (Mw, IV) of the bulk material.
Optimize the depolymerization of native polysaccharides to produce specific thickening properties.
Monitoring degradation of polysaccharides due to processing or blending of different source materials.
How it works
In size-exclusion chromatography, molecules are separated according to their hydrodynamic radius as they enter and exit the pores of a porous gel packing matrix in the column. Like other HPLC-based techniques, this involves the use of a pump, column and at least one detector to measure the sample as it elutes. An OMNISEC GPC/SEC system includes the following components:
- Rapid mobile-phase exchange thanks to low volume degasser
- Rapid mobile-phase exchange thanks to self-priming pump
- Reduced service requirement thanks to novel continuous back seal flushing mechanism
- Protect samples from aggregation with autosampler temperature control
- Use your preferred sample format; vials or 96-well microtiter plates
- Reduce sample use with zero-waste mode
- Temperature control of up to 6 analytical columns
- Measure the concentration of any solute with excellent sensitivity
- Measure absorbance at any wavelength from 190-900 nm
- Assess changes in absorbance spectra
- Characterize copolymers
- Measure absolute molecular weight in a wider range of applications
- Measure as little as 100 ng of material
- Measure molecular weights down to 200 Da
- Better intrinsic viscosity measurements thanks to automated balancing
- Reduced service cost and time thanks to user-exchangeable capillaries
Omnisec Resolve software links with Omnisec Reveal software to improve your measurements.
The ultimate in integrated advanced detection for GPC/SEC and UPLC/UHPLC
Powerful, agile, easy to use GPC/SEC software for OMNISEC instrument control, data acquisition, analysis and reporting
GPC and SEC Columns
GPC/SEC columns for all aqueous and organic applications
GPC and SEC Standards
A range of molecular weight standards for different applications of GPC/SEC
Protect your investment and ensure optimized performance at all times with Malvern Panalytical's service plans.
When you purchase a Malvern Panalytical product we understand that this is just the first stage of a working relationship that will last for the lifetime of the instrument. Depending on your needs, Malvern Panalytical will provide the support for your business.
- Telephone and email support.
- Operators who take responsibility for your call and ensure your query is answered.
Malvern Panalytical's service options- choose the right plan for you:
Malvern Panalytical Platinum Plan
For laboratories where maximizing instrument up-time is critical to its daily performance. Our highest level of response and the 'all inclusive' price plan takes care of those unexpected repair bills should the unfortunate occur.
Malvern Panalytical Gold Plan
Enhance your laboratory productivity by maintaining instrument efficiency. Still receive that priority response, combined with specialist technical and software support, we'll keep your instrument performance on track to deliver.
Malvern Panalytical Bronze Visit
For laboratories looking to optimize instrument performance, regular preventative maintenance is essential.
|Platinum Plan||Gold Plan||Bronze Visit|
|Annual PM/PV Test|
|Telephone / Email Support|
|Emergency Breakdown visits*|
|Technical & Software Support|
*including labour & travel costs***available at an additional cost