The Petro edition of Zetium
The new element in petrochemicals
The Petro edition of the Zetium spectrometer is designed to deliver reliable and norm-compliant elemental analysis from crude oils to petrochemicals and fuels.
Like all Zetium spectrometers, the Petro edition delivers reliable analytical performance regardless of the application and excels in areas related to petrochemicals, such as:
- Sulfur in petroleum products in accordance with relevant ISO and ASTM international test methods
- Additives in unused lube oils according to ASTM 4927 and D6443
- Additives and wear metals in used lube oils
- Single calibration for many oils, fuels and petrochemicals using the Oil-Trace package.
The Petro edition of the Zetium spectrometer is pre-configured to deliver compliant results from day 1 with the appropriate hardware and your choice of compliance modules, which include factory pre-calibration according to ASTM and ISO international test methods.
Inclusion of the innovative ED core, makes it the only XRF spectrometer capable of satisfying both WDXRF and EDXRF test methods using a single instrument. Inclusion of the innovative ED core not only delivers dual compliance but can be used to detect unexpected elements in production samples with simultaneous spectrum acquisition.
Design features for compliance
- The 1 kW SST-R Rh tube delivers exceptional performance for the majority of applications (upgrades to 2.4, 3 and 4 kW available)
- User-friendly software with integrated intelligence for novice and advanced users
- Small sample load port volume minimizes helium consumption
- Automatic sample recognition and vacuum-helium switching
- Liquid cup construction tools for simple sample preparation
Advanced software and unique application solutions
- The latest version of our renowned SuperQ software features a new, streamlined user interface, advanced matrix correction algorithms, such as multi-scatter fluorescence, integration of ED deconvolution and integrated intelligence with the Virtual Analyst
- Guarenteed compliance at start-up with factory pre-calibrated Compliance Modules:
- - S in mineral oil (ASTM D2622)
- - S in diesel (ASTM D2622)
- - S in gasoline (ASTM D2622)
- - Additives in lubrication oils (ASTM D6443)
- Oil Trace eliminates mass/volume dependance and allows different types of petrochemicals to be measured against a single calibration, eliminating the cost of calibration samples and the time required to maintain multiple calibrations
Upgrade packages to meet every challenge
The modular design of the Zetium platform allows optimization of the Petro edition through the addition of upgrade packages that deliver tangible benefits:
- SumXcore - for reduction in analysis times and identification of unexpected elements in production samples
- Small Spot Mapping - ideal for the analysis of inorganic inclusions (catalysts, additives, etc.) for process troubleshooting
- Speed & throughput - for faster sample analysis
- Robustness & uptime - for tough environments
- Flexibility - to accomodate sample size variations
- Performance enhancement - for superior sensitivity
|Basic configuration highlights||Configuration upgrades||Benefits|
|One application of choice from: Guaranteed fuel compliance S in fuels and oils (ASTM D2622)
Guaranteed lube oil compliance (ASTM D6443)
|Additional applications of choice||Guaranteed compliance at start-up with factory pre-calibrated compliance modules:
• S in mineral oil (ASTM D2622)
• S in diesel (ASTM D2622)
• S in gasoline (ASTM D2622)
• Additives in lubrication oils (ASTM D6443)
|Oil-Trace||Eliminates mass/volume dependence and allows different types of petrochemicals to be measured against a single calibration, eliminating the cost of calibration samples and the time required to maintain multiple calibrations|
|SST R 1 kW X-ray tube||Maximum uptime with minimum monitor correction|
|3 or 4 kW X-ray tube||Faster results and lower detection limits in the same measurement time|
|Curved crystals for faster results||Up to 30% more intensity in the same measurement time
Shorter measurement time to achieve required limits
|Duplex detector||Improved ‘catalyst killer’ elements detection, like nickel, iron and vanadium|
|SumXcore||Faster results in tandem with the WD functionality
Detect unexpected changes in composition
|Small spot mapping||Unique compositional mapping with the ED core, for fast and accurate investigation of pipe scaling and other defects|
Standards (Reference materials)
ADPOLAccurate elemental analysis by XRF of functional polymer additives
TOXELAccurate analysis by XRF of toxic elements in polymers and plastics
RoHSAccurate elemental analysis of RoHS restricted materials
Fused borate disksCalibration made easy!
CRMsClaisse is always there to meet your needs!
Borate fluxes and chemicalsYour first choice to fuse samples for XRF, ICP and AA analysis
Fusion monitorQuick and error-free proactive monitoring for your fusion instruments
Oxidizers and non-wetting agent
Pre-weighed fluxesHave you ever thought about the amount of time you spend weighing flux?
Claisse rFusionAn automated modular system that doses, mixes and fuses samples to prepare them for XRF analysis.
Molds & crucibles
SuperQ software is straightforward and makes Zetium and CubiX spectrometers accessible to administrators and routine operators.
Oil-TraceOil-Trace is a software package consisting of a suite of standards which enables users to perform accurate and reliable elemental analysis of liquids using WDXRF and EDXRF.
Omnian software enables users to achieve the best possible analysis when dedicated methods or certified standards do not exist.
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
- Automation of lab processes
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software
Analytical services and calibration materials
- Expert (XRF) analyses services
- Oxides and trace analysis
- Customized calibration materials