The Polymers edition of Zetium
The new element in polymers
The Polymers edition of the Zetium spectrometer is designed to support product consistency of polymers, plastics, functional additives, fillers and catalysts by delivering reliable elemental analysis for samples across the production process.
Like all Zetium spectrometers, the Polymers edition delivers reliable analytical performance regardless of the application and excels in areas related to polymers and plastics, such as:
- trace-level (sub-ppm) titanium in polyolefins
- flame retardants in PVC
- toxic elements in polyethylene
- functional additives and fillers in polyethylene
- RoHS and REACH screening and quantification.
The Polymers edition is pre-configured to deliver accurate and consistent results with the appropriate hardware and your choice of our highly-regarded and easy-to-setup application modules for the analysis of polymers and plastics:
• ADPOL - for the analysis of additives in polymers and plastics
• TOXEL - for the analysis of toxic elements in polyethylene
• RoHS - for the analysis of the RoHS elements in polyolefins.
Inclusion of our unique Small Spot Mapping and analysis feature allows for the analysis of defects in polymers, which could be caused by additive agglomerates, catalyst fragments or other contaminants.
Unleash the potential of your data
Until now, instrument data has too often been stuck in manual records, spreadsheets or site-specific servers. By connecting the Zetium to our Smart Manager and continually analyzing instrument data in the cloud, you can unleash its full potential. This is just one of our digital solutions that are part of Malvern Panalytical's Connected World.
Design features for product consistency
- The 1 kW SST-R Rh tube delivers exceptional performance for the majority of applications (upgrades to 2.4, 3 and 4 kW available)
- Rugged design with 3 levels of practical drift minimization technology
- User-friendly software with integrated intelligence for novice and advanced users
- Outlier detection and process control with Statistical Process Control software - ideal for traceability and accreditation
- Freedom to choose between ADPOL, TOXEL or RoHS calibration samples at no extra charge.
Advanced software and unique application solutions
- The latest version of our renowned SuperQ software features a new, streamlined user interface, advanced matrix correction algorithms, such as multi-scatter fluorescence, integration of ED deconvolution and integrated intelligence with the Virtual Analyst
- ADPOL - developed by Malvern Panalytical and DSM Resolve for accurate analysis of additives in polymers and plastics (F, Na, Mg, Al, Si, P, S, Ca, Ti and Zn)
- TOXEL - developed by Malvern Panalytical and DSM Resolve for accurate analysis of toxic heavy elements in polyethylene (Cr, Ni, Cu, Zn, As, Br, Cd, Ba, Hg and Pb)
- RoHS - developed by Malvern Panalytical and DSM Resolve for accurate analysis of RoHS elements in polyolefins (Cr, Br, Cd, Hg and Pb)
Upgrade packages to meet every challenge
The modular design of the Zetium platform allows optimization of the Polymers edition through the addition of upgrade packages that deliver tangible benefits:
- SumXcore - for reduction in analysis times and identification of unexpected elements in production samples
- Small Spot Mapping - ideal for the analysis of inorganic inclusions (catalysts, additives, etc.) for process troubleshooting
- Speed & throughput - for faster sample analysis
- Robustness & uptime - for tough environments
- Flexibility - to accommodate sample size and type variations
- Performance enhancement - for superior sensitivity
|Basic configuration highlights||Configuration upgrades||Benefits|
|One application of choice from: ADPOL
|Additional applications of choice||Unique reference materials to enable accurate elemental analysis of many functional additives, fillers and toxic elements like arsenic, cadmium and others|
|RoHS WEEE||Unique reference materials to enable accurate elemental analysis for RoHS compliance testing and more|
|SST R 1 kW X-ray tube||Maximum uptime with minimum monitor correction|
|3 or 4 kW X-ray tube||Faster results and lower detection limits in the same measurement time|
|Curved crystals for faster results||Up to 30% more intensity in the same measurement time
Shorter measurement time to achieve required limits
Ideal for analysis of functional additives containing phosphorus and sulfur
|SumXcore||Faster analysis, better accuracy
Flagging of unexpected elements
Simultaneous spectrum library building
|Small spot mapping||Unique compositional mapping with the SumXcore, for fast and accurate analysis
Fast elemental mapping of inclusions, unexpected colors and other sample artifacts
Standards (Reference materials)
ADPOLAccurate elemental analysis by XRF of functional polymer additives
CRMsClaisse is always there to meet your needs!
Fused borate disksCalibration made easy!
RoHSAccurate elemental analysis of RoHS restricted materials
TOXELAccurate analysis by XRF of toxic elements in polymers and plastics
Borate fluxes and chemicalsYour first choice to fuse samples for XRF, ICP and AA analysis
Fusion monitorQuick and error-free proactive monitoring for your fusion instruments
Oxidizers and non-wetting agent
Pre-weighed fluxesHave you ever thought about the amount of time you spend weighing flux?
Claisse M4The standard in sample preparation by fusion.
Molds & crucibles
SuperQ software is straightforward and makes Zetium and CubiX spectrometers accessible to administrators and routine operators.
Omnian software enables users to achieve the best possible analysis when dedicated methods or certified standards do not exist.
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
- Automation of lab processes
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software
Analytical services and calibration materials
- Expert (XRF) analyses services
- Oxides and trace analysis
- Customized calibration materials