X-ray fluorescence spectrometry (XRF) is capable of elemental analysis of a wide range of materials, including solids, liquids and loose powders. Designed to meet the most demanding process control and R&D applications, the Zetium XRF spectrometer leads the market in high-quality design and innovative features for sub-ppm to percentage analysis of Be to Am.
Building on years of experience and success with our extensive analytical X-ray portfolio, Zetium represents a revolutionary step in materials analysis. The platform embodies SumXcore technology – an integration of WDXRF and EDXRF. This unique combination of possibilities puts Zetium in a class of its own with respect to analytical power, speed and task flexibility in multiple environments.
The Zetium is equipped with the latest version of our SuperQ software, including our Virtual Analyst that enables even non-expert users to easily set up applications. A wide range of additional software modules is available for specific analysis, such as standardless analysis, trace elements in geology, matrix corrections in oils and analysis of thin films.
Dedicated industry editions of the Zetium XRF spectrometer are offered for specific industries: cement, minerals, metals, petrochemicals and polymers & plastics. The Ultimate edition configuration meets the most demanding requirements regardless of industry. The modular design of the Zetium platform allows for task-oriented performance enhancements through various packages. Malvern Panalytical offers a range of integration solutions; from a simple interface with sample preparation equipment, to full automation projects integrating several analytical instruments in a single container laboratory.
Continuous development, improved customer experience
Scientifically-sound, benefits-driven innovations achieved with SumXcore technology - an integration of WDXRF and EDXRF - incorporated into the Zetium platform provide ultimate flexibility, performance and versatility and are on track to revolutionize the world of XRF.
Zetium is the next in a generation of remarkably successful WDXRF spectrometers, including the Axios, the MagiX and the PW2400. This heritage of proven technology has been refined and brought forward providing the foundation to the Zetium platform.
Enhanced analytical performance
- Power upgrades from 1 to 2.4, 3 or 4 kW for enhanced sensitivity
- Range of X-ray tube anode materials Rh, Cr, Mo and Au for specific application performance
- Duplex detector for enhanced sensitivity and wider dynamic range for transition metals analysis
- HiPer scintillation detector for increased dynamic range for heavy elements (linear up to 3.5 Mcps) ideal for high precision analysis of Nb and Mo in steels
Superior user experience
- Simple, intuitive software with The Virtual Analyst
- Full suite of application setup modules and software solutions
- Industry-leading standardless XRF analysis with Omnian - analysis of unknowns or when standards are unavailable
- Multi-element small spot analysis with mapping
- Programmable collimator masks for sample sizes between 6 mm and 37 mm
Maximum sample throughput
- SumXcore technology - measurement times reduced by up to 50% with an ED core
- Power upgrades from 1 to 2.4, 3 or 4 kW for faster analysis times
- Hi-Per channels for simultaneous measurement of light elements
- Continuous and direct sample loading significantly reduces instrument overhead
- High-capacity sample changer bed (up to 209 positions) for high throughput applications
- Sample changer bar code reader option enables fast, error-free sample loading and data entry
- Dust removal device minimizes contamination and maximizes instrument uptime
- CHI-BLUE X-ray tube window coating for increased X-ray tube durability and resistance to corrosion
- Sample type identification (solids & liquids)
- Bar code reader for error-free sample entry
Low cost of ownership
- Space-saving, compact design
- Small-volume airlock design – for rapid cycling of samples into vacuum, or low He consumption for liquids analysis
- Easy-access service modules mean faster instrument serviceability and minimum downtime
- Dedicated chiller removes heat from the laboratory – avoiding overtaxing laboratory air conditioning infrastructure
- Packaged cost-saving solutions
Enhanced data security
Tailored solutions for specific industries
The Ultimate edition of ZetiumIt represents the most advanced configuration in the Zetium family and delivers unrivalled analytical performance regardless of the application.
The Cement edition of ZetiumIt delivers elemental analysis for raw material up to the final cement for superior process control.
The Metals edition of ZetiumIt is pre-configured with appropriate application solutions for the specific analytical needs of the metals industry.
The Petro edition of ZetiumIt is pre-calibrated to meet the regulatory requirements of the petrochemical industry.
The Polymers edition of ZetiumIt is designed to support product consistency through reliable elemental analysis for samples across the production process.
The Mineral edition of ZetiumThe Minerals edition of Zetium is designed for materials analysis at all stages of the mining process, from ores to tailings.
Standards (Reference materials)
ADPOLAccurate elemental analysis by XRF of functional polymer additives
WROXIAccurate wide-range oxide analysis of minerals
NiFeCOIdeal for the analysis of high temperature steels and super alloys
LASLow alloy steel analysis with Malvern Panalytical XRF spectrometers
RoHSAccurate elemental analysis of RoHS restricted materials
TOXELAccurate analysis by XRF of toxic elements in polymers and plastics
Fused borate disksCalibration made easy!
Cu-base-FPAccurate elemental analysis of Cu metals
CEMOXIAccurate oxide analysis of cement by XRF
Borate fluxes and chemicalsYour first choice to fuse samples for XRF, ICP and AA analysis
Fusion monitorQuick and error-free proactive monitoring for your fusion instruments
Oxidizers and non-wetting agent
Pre-weighed fluxesHave you ever thought about the amount of time you spend weighing flux?
Claisse LeNeoKeeping ahead through Claisse expertise in fusion
Molds & crucibles
SuperQ software is straightforward and makes Zetium and CubiX spectrometers accessible to administrators and routine operators.
Omnian software enables users to achieve the best possible analysis when dedicated methods or certified standards do not exist.
Enhanced Data SecuritySecuring your data and satisfying regulators.
Oil-TraceOil-Trace is a software package consisting of a suite of standards which enables users to perform accurate and reliable elemental analysis of liquids using WDXRF and EDXRF.
Pro-Trace is ideal for calculating net intensities in trace element analysis and accurate matrix correction when the total matrix is unknown.
StratosThe software provides a rapid, simple and non-destructive means of analyzing coatings, surface layers and multi-layered structures.
System enhancement packages
- Task-oriented performance enhancements
- High sample throughput – increased sample changer capacity and lowest instrument overhead
- Protection against dusty samples and liquid spillages
- Error-free sample introduction with bar code reader
- Variable sample-type handling including small spot analysis
SuperQ 6 with Virtual Analyst
- Accessing the power of the Zetium platform
- Simple and intuitive with task-oriented flow
- Advanced matrix correction refinements for increased data accuracy from metals to polymers
- Virtual Analyst – embodiment of decades of specialist know-how.
Small spot analysis with mapping
- Ideal for materials research and production process troubleshooting
- Practical analysis times
- Close-coupled optical path for high sensitivity
- Uses ED core for fast, simultaneous multi-element analysis per spot
- 500 µm spot size (FWHM), 100 µm step size
- Quantitative, qualitative and standardless Omnian analysis
- Simple sample preparation