UV/Visible Curing System
UV/Visible Curing System for use with Kinexus Cylinder Cartridge
The UV/Visible Curing System available for the Kinexus rotational rheometer allows the progression of UV or Visible light-initiated curing reactions to be followed in real time on samples including adhesives, sealants, coatings and inks.
The UV/Visible Curing System is designed to work with a Peltier Cylinder cartridge with a UV/Visible transparent plate insert.
- Quick-connect engagement and release mechanism for light guide and UV mechanics combined with a ‘plug and play’ cylinder cartridge
- UV/Visible Curing System uses an Omnicure® S2000 XLA Spot Cure Unit light source with Liquid Light Guide
- Radiometer R2000 can be used with the OmniCure® S2000 system to set irradiance levels and calibrate the system from a single reference point
- Plate insert contains a removable UV/Visible Transparent Borosilicate Glass plate
- Temperature range is 5°C to 170°C (80°C with light guide attached)
- Dedicated Solvent trap assembly with matt black light absorbing inner shells and purge gas attachment
- UV triggering is controlled and intensity monitored directly through rSpace software
The UV/Visible Curing System is used with the Kinexus Cylinder cartridge and utilizes a UV transparent plate insert with the base removed to allow a UV probe be inserted beneath the plate.
To perform UV/Visible curing experiments, a UV/Visible light probe is connected through the open base of the instrument and cylinder, and can be positioned at various distances from the optical window using a light guide, so that the focus diameter of the light matches the upper geometry used. All standard Kinexus upper plate and cone geometries up to 40mm in diameter are suitable for use with the UV/Visible system including a range of disposable plates.
The UV/Visible Curing System uses an Omnicure® S2000 XLA Spot Cure Unit light source with Liquid Light Guide and requires the Kinexus to be mounted on a stand so that the light probe can be inserted from below.
UV triggering is controlled and intensity monitored directly from the rSpace software.
If you are unsure as to specifying an appropriate measurement system or filter for your sample type or measurement application, please contact Malvern for further advice and/or a sample test and evaluation report.
- Temperature range:
- 5 to 170°C*
- Compatible measuring systems:
- Cones and Plates with diameter range 4-40mm including a range of disposable plates
- UV/Visible lamp:
- High Pressure 200 Watt Mercury Vapor Short Arc
- UV/Visible filter:
- Standard is 320-500 nm with other optional filters available
- *5 to 80°C with light guide connected